The Adoption System is a unique feature of Ragnarok Online that allows players to become Baby class by being adopted by a married couple. Becoming a Baby character will shrink the character's sprite and cause it to be small size (compared to medium size as a regular character). This renders Skeleton Worker Cards ineffective in PvP against child characters, as the only aspect of it that will affect them is the +5 ATK per card. Since the child is Small sized, the Knight skill Pierce will only do 1 hit.
How to Become a Baby[edit | edit source]
Becoming a Baby requires the adoptee to be a First Class or Novice and the parents must be both level 70 or higher.
- Have a male and female become married.
- Invite the character that is to become adopted into the party. Note: Parents must have their Wedding Rings equipped.
- One of the parents must right click the child-to-be and select "Adopt <name>". Said character will be prompted if they want to be adopted by you. If they click OK, they will become the parents' child. Note: Parents can only adopt one character.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Adopted characters and their parents gain access to new skills.
|Mom, Dad, I Love You!||Mom, Dad, I Miss You!|
|Come to Me, Honey~|
Things to Consider[edit | edit source]
- Baby's HP and SP are only 75% of Max HP and Max SP.
- Adopted characters cannot increase a stat past 80 base or 108 base if 3rd job. Any stats over 80 will be converted to raw status points upon adoption. (This does not apply to Babies adopted prior to Renewal update, even though the interface displays no more than 80. This is only a display bug)
- Carrying capacity of adopted characters are lowered by 1200 compared to a normal character.
- Adopted characters cannot Rebirth (but can change to their respective Third Class upon reaching 99/50, missing out on Rebirth skills and the additional status points)
- Adopted Blacksmiths' and Alchemists' Forge and Brewing skills rates are decreased by 50%.
- Once adopted, a baby character cannot be adopted again if one or both parents are deleted, or the adoption is removed.
- Parents may be able to adopt again if the adoption is removed (see below).
- On iRO, adoptions can be removed via filling out a Support Ticket if certain conditions are met.