Blacksmithing is a crafting system in Ragnarok Online that allows players to forge weapons. Only Blacksmith players are able to forge weapons. There are currently no plans to expand Blacksmithing to armor such as headgears and footgears.
In RO, Blacksmithing has success rates which scales with the level tier of weapons and skill level for ore processing. Typically, low level weapons have a higher success rate than high level weapons. Investing stat points into DEX and LUK will increase forging success rate in general in addition to forging equipment and job level.
When forging a weapon there are 3 available slots for modifying items. Items such as Flame Heart, Mystic Frozen, Rough Wind and Great Nature can be used to imbue the weapon with the Fire, Water, Wind and Earth properties, respectively. A weapon may only have one element at a time and using more than one elemental stone will cause the forge to fail. Slots may also be fitted with Star Crumbs.
Unlike Alchemy and Cooking, Blacksmithing can be learned instead of requiring manuals in order to forge. Simply investing points into the Blacksmith class's various passive skills will unlock the recipes.
Processing Recipes[edit | edit source]
Processing recipes require a Mini Furnace to forge. The furnace is consumed during the forging process.
|Iron Tempering||Iron||1 Iron Ore|
|Steel Tempering||Steel||5 Irons|
|Enchanted Stone Craft||Flame Heart||10 Red Bloods|
|Mystic Frozen||10 Crystal Blues|
|Great Nature||10 Green Lives|
|Rough Wind||10 Wind of Verdure|
|Star Crumb||10 Star Dust|
Level 1 Weapons[edit | edit source]
Level 1 Weapons require an Iron Hammer to forge. The hammer is consumed during the forging process.
|Smith Dagger||Knife||1 Iron|
|Smith Sword||Sword||2 Irons|
|Smith Spear||Javelin||3 Irons|
|Smith Mace||Club||3 Irons|
|Smith Axe||Axe||10 Irons|
|Smith Dagger||Cutter||25 Irons|
|Smith Sword||Falchion||30 Irons|
|Smith Mace||Mace||30 Irons|
|Smith Spear||Spear||35 Irons|
|Smith Two-Handed Sword||Katana||35 Irons|
15 Horrendous Mouths
|Smith Sword||Blade||45 Irons|
25 Tooth of Bat
|Smith Dagger||Main Gauche||50 Irons|
|Smith Spear||Pike||70 Irons|
|Smith Axe||Battle Axe||110 Irons|
|Smith Brass Knuckle||Waghnak||160 Irons|
Level 2 Weapons[edit | edit source]
Level 2 Weapons require a Golden Hammer to forge. The hammer is consumed during the forging process.
|Smith Dagger||Dirk||17 Steel|
|Smith Sword||Rapier||20 Steel|
|Smith Mace||Smasher||20 Steel|
|Smith Spear||Guisarme||25 Steel|
|Smith Two-Handed Sword||Slayer||25 Steel|
20 Decayed Nails
|Smith Dagger||Dagger||30 Steel|
|Smith Axe||Hammer||30 Steel|
|Smith Mace||Flail||33 Steel|
|Smith Sword||Scimitar||35 Steel|
|Smith Dagger||Stiletto||40 Steel|
|Smith Spear||Glaive||40 Steel|
|Smith Sword||Ring Pommel Saber||40 Steel|
50 Wolf Claws
|Smith Two-Handed Sword||Bastard Sword||45 Steel|
|Smith Mace||Chain||45 Steel|
|Smith Brass Knuckle||Knuckle Dusters||50 Steel|
|Smith Spear||Partizan||55 Steel|
|Smith Brass Knuckle||Studded Knuckles||65 Steel|
Level 3 Weapons[edit | edit source]
Level 3 Weapons require an Oridecon Hammer to forge. The hammer is consumed during the forging process.
Blacksmith Ranking[edit | edit source]
Blacksmith Ranking is a system exclusive to RO in which players are ranked based on who can forge the most weapons.
- Rank Point +1: For upgrading a Level 1 weapon that the player has forged to +10.
- Rank Point +10: For successfully creating a Level 3 weapon that contains 3 stones (either 2 Star Crumbs and an Elemental Stone, or three Star Crumbs).
- Rank Point +25: For upgrading a Level 2 weapon that you have forged to +10.
- Rank Point +1000: For upgrading a Level 3 weapon that you have forged to +10.
Blacksmith Ranking can be checked via usage of the "/blacksmith" command in-game. A weapon created by ranked Blacksmiths will deal an extra +10 Mastery ATK damage.
References[edit | edit source]
- iRO Wiki 2015 Aug. 31
External Links[edit | edit source]
Patches[edit | edit source]
- Patch (2019 May 08)
- Fixed an issue with crafted items bearing character names showing that it was changed from previous character names.
- Patch (2005 Mar. 29)
- Ranking system for manufacturing reputation of Merchants' secondary job class is applied.
- ★ Blacksmith & Whitesmith ★
- Ranking POINT +1: Successfully make Level 3 weapon using three additional materials (Star/Attribute ***Stone)
- POINT +10: +30: Refined your Level 2 weapon to +10
- Ranking POINT +100: Refined your Level 3 weapon to +10
- Ranking POINT +500: Level 4 Weapon weapon refining skill up to +10
- (Whitesmith) You can always see your ranking using the /Blacksmith command, and if you use a weapon from Blacksmith/Whitesmith at +10, you will get +10 defensive nullifying damage.