Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
|Job Class||Monk, Champion|
|Cast Time||0.5-1.3 second|
|Requirements||Dodge Lv. 5|
Blade Stop is the Monk's version of the Knight skill Auto Counter. Once Blade Stop is cast, it allows the caster to "catch" an enemy if they use a normal attack against the caster during the skill's Catch Time. If Blade Stop is successfully casted, then both the Monk and enemy are thrown into the "Blade Stop" status. During the Blade Stop status, only the caster may attack, by use of skills, and what skills they can use are determined by the level of Blade Stop they have learned (exception if the opponent is also a Monk, see Notes). Blade Stop only works on physical attacks and requires 1 Spirit Sphere per cast, regardless if an enemy is caught or not.
On iRO, this skill is known as Root for some reason.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Blade Stop cannot catch players or monsters using skills.
- Since this skill is of the Monk discipline, if the user Blade Stops an enemy Monk, then the enemy can also use skills while in Blade Stop; which skills are available is determined by each player's level of Blade Stop.
- During the Blade Stop status, players/monsters will retain all of their original characteristics, except the inability to move or attack. They can be damaged, attacked, use items or even change gears.
- Blade Stopped players/monsters are also susceptible to effects like knockback (and it will not affect the Blade Stop status).
- Throw Spirit Sphere is weakened when used from Blade Stop, as Blade Stop itself consumes one spirit sphere.
- Blade Stop only works from melee range. It can be used against ranged attackers, but the Monk using Blade Stop must be within melee range.
See Also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
Patches[edit | edit source]
- Patch (2019 May 22)
- Fixed the issue of Blade Stop not working when a character using Raging Quadruple Blow is countered by the skill.
- Patch (2018 Nov. 28)
- The effect duration changes to 10 seconds.
- It can be used for boss-type monsters. When used for boss-type monsters, the effect retention time is changed to 2 seconds.