In a kingdom far, far away.
On iRO, this instance is localized as Ghost Palace.
Maps[edit | edit source]
- RO CursedKnightMap1.jpg
NPCs[edit | edit source]
All monsters in this instance are either Demon, Demi-Human or Undead, and have undead, shadow, ghost, wind or earth element.
All monsters have moderate chance to drop Grey Shard, which is required to purchase equipments and weapons at the end of the instance. Some monsters like Dullahans, Dark Frames and Khalitzburgs also drop Herb of Incantation (MATK+30 for 1 minute) and Distilled Fighting Spirit (ATK+30 for 1 minute).
You can steal from all the monsters in the instance for extra Grey Shards. This includes the Torturous Redeemer.
- Cursed Soldier (Ragged Zombie)
- Cursed Gatekeeper (Bloody Murderer)
- Broken Promise (Dark Frame)
- Floating Sorrow (Flame Skull)
- Unfulfilled Love (Wind Ghost)
- Regretful Memory (Zombie Prisoner)
- Wasted Friendship (Ghoul)
- Tarnished Oath (Skeleton Prisoner)
- Sweet Slaughter (Khalitzburg)
- Forgotten Name (Dullahan)
- Fatal Days (Skogul)
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Time Limit: 1 hour
To start this quest, you have to use the Dimensional Device located on Rune Midgard Allied Forces Post within the New World. It will warp you into the Dimensional Gorge. Enter the second map of Dimensional Gorge. The portal is located at (dali 64, 128), near the Sapha.
- You can not reenter this instance if you happen to exit this instance before the instance done (e.g. disconnected, died then respawn). It is suggested to bring Token of Siegfried in case you die on the middle of the instance.
1. Talk to Unpleasant Royal Guard in Dimensional Gorge (dali02 43, 129) to start the quest
2. When instance is ready, click on Dimensional Device and select Enter. You have 1 hour to complete this instance.
3. Talk to King to start. You will see Sakray is appointed as Princess Titania's bodyguard for her marriage with a prince. Somehow you see monsters attack the palace. Kill all of those monsters to open portal to second stage (north end of room).
4. Talk to Sakray (132, 122). Somehow the monsters still attacking the palace. Clear the monsters to open portal to 3rd stage (117, 137).
5. You will be inside a prison. Talk to King (32, 54) to advance the quest. Sakray is accused as the culprit behind the monsters attack. Cursed Spirit Tartanos will grant him the way out. Kill every monster on every jail chamber until announcement that the exit portal appears (54, 28). Quickly go to southeast corner portal as a big mob of undead come at you. No need to kill them, but this is a good place to farm Gray Shards since this is the stage where most number of mobs appear.
6. Kill the monsters. After enough monster killed, you will see king and his soldier fall on the ground. Talk to Prince, you will see that he is the real culprit. He will transform into Torturous Redeemer. Kill it. Make sure to grab Gray Shard from it since it drops 2. Kill the last monster to open next portal (southwest corner).
7. You will be inside the prison again. Talk to Princess Titania (216, 43), and you will find out that she is dying. Kill monsters in every jail chamber until another Torturous Redeemer come. No need to kill it since Sakray will do the job. Talk to Sakray (196, 44). Now Sakray already changed, granted new power from Tartanos Spirit.
8. This marks the end of the instance. An exit portal will appear in south east (210, 28).
- Before you go, you can talk to King (205, 29) to trade Gray Shards for Tartanos weapons and Gray equipment. Each weapon is worth 200 Gray Shards and each Gray equipment is worth 100 Gray Shards. See section below for list of weapons and equipment.
- When you go to exit portal, you will get 2 Gray Shards as reward in completing the instance as well as EXP.
External Links[edit | edit source]
Patches[edit | edit source]
- Patch (2018 Jan. 24)
- The Cursed Knight NPC that sells various things for Grey Shards is added to the entrance of the memorial dungeon.
- The weight of Grey Shards is changed from the existing 1 to 0.1 and it can be exchanged.
- Knight Sakray card can be obtained by exchanging Gray Shards.
- Heroes' Trail Part 2 Update (2012 Oct. 17)
- Added Geffen Magic Tournament, Cursed Knight, and Devil's Tower instances.