|Job Class||Crusader, Paladin|
|Category||Ranged (6+Skill Level cells)|
|Cooldown||Varies with skill level|
|Requirements||Grand Cross Lv. 4, Shield Reflect Lv. 5|
Devotion protects a Party Member by taking all of the damage inflicted on said Party Member. The Party Member must be within 10 levels of the caster. The damage that the caster receives from Devotion is affected by the Party Member`s DEF rather than the caster's. However, if the caster activates Auto Guard, Shield Reflect, or Defender, these skills will also affect Party Members targeted by Sacrifice and will generally function as if the Devoted party members had them as well.
On iRO, this skill is known as Sacrifice.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If a player goes beyond the range of Devotion, their line of Devotion will graphically disappear. Devotion does not deactivate until a player takes damage when out of range of the skill or the duration of the skill expires.
- Cannot be cast on other Crusaders.
- When a player is Devoted, none of their skills can be interrupted by physical or magical attacks as they are not actually receiving any damage. However, certain skills such as Provoke and Gloria Domini bypass this protective effect.
- If the Crusader receives damage that exceeds their remaining HP through Devotion they will die and any damage exceeding the Crusader's hit points does not pass to the original target receiving the damage.
- Certain abilities function through Devotion: Auto Guard, Shield Reflect, and Defender. Auto Guard works as if the devoted target had the skill active and also induces a physical attack delay when activated. Shield Reflect only works on melee skills when applied through Devotion. This includes Asura Strike as well as Arrow Shower cast by a monster. Currently, Defender will slow all sacrificed targets when activated but only applies a reduced damage reduction compared to the 80% reduction on the caster.
- Devotion will prevent the Soul Linker skill Kaite from functioning since damage is redirected toward the Devoting character.
- Refreshing Devotion (recasting it on a Devoted target before its duration ends) requires that the number of players currently being sacrificed is at least 1 less than your limit.