The Friend List is a feature that allows players to stay connected to certain characters in Ragnarok Online and Ragnarok Online II. It lets you see which of your friends are on and notifies you when a certain character has logged into the game.
Ragnarok Online[edit | edit source]
To access the Friend List in RO, the default hotkeys are Alt + H. (The friend list in RO is bound to the party window.) Each Friend List is character-bound so if you friend someone on one character, that friend will only appear on that character's Friend List and not on other characters on the same account. Characters on the Friend List that are online will have an "ON" icon appear next to their name. Any character on the Friend List that logs on while you're online will send a log-in notification to your Chat Box. Private chats can be initiated with online characters on the Friend List.
Adding someone to your Friend List is done through the following methods:
- Right-clicking a character and selecting the friend registration option
- Right-clicking a name on a private message window
For either method to work, the friend must be on the same map as you. There is currently no method to add an offline friend.
Ragnarok Online II[edit | edit source]
To access the Friend List in RO2, the default hotkey is U. Just like RO, the Friend List in RO2 is character-bound.
Friends can be added by the following methods:
- Right-clicking a character's portrait.
- Typing a character's name into the Add Friend window pop-up.
On the Friend List window, you can not only see a list of your friends, but also their character's level and job class. If a character is online, a column indicating which channel it's on will activate. In addition, a special chat channel can be created in which only certain friends can chat in (similar to RO's Chat Room feature).
Blocking Characters[edit | edit source]
In both RO and RO2, players have the ability to block certain characters from making contact with them. In RO, players must right-click a character in order to block it. In RO2, the same can be done, but with the addition of typing in a character's name into the Block tab via the Friend List window.
Patches[edit | edit source]
- Patch (2018 Dec. 05)
- When the friend list window pops up, the occurrence of the ding is corrected.
- Patch (2018 Mar. 07)
- Fixed an issue with nicknames not updating normally if the nickname of a friend is changed.
- Corrected an issue with friend requests not being possible if two characters are located on different maps.
- If you receive a friend request for multiple characters, the status of the last friend request will be fixed.
- Patch (2017 Nov. 29)
- The block list is modified so that it does not disappear when reconnecting.
- Patch (2009 Nov. 18)
- On the party and friends window, added the function lock button. While function lock is enabled, double click (1:1 chat) and right click (popup menu) are blocked.
- Patch (2007 Aug. 29)
- You can use the friend window to cast spells on friends like the party window, but HP is not displayed.
- Patch (2005 Jul. 05)
- The number of slots on the friend list increases from 20 to 40.
Ragnarok Online II
- iRO2 Patch (2017 Mar. 20)
- Resolved a duplicate character name issue, caused from past services merging into ours, that caused issues with mail and friends lists.