Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Get Rid of Bakonawa (instance)
|Get Rid of Bakonawa (instance)|
The entrance to the cave.
|Technical Name(s)||ma_scene01, 1@ma_b|
Get Rid of Bakonawa is a dungeon instance that takes players into the lair of the sea dragon Bakonawa.
Completion of the Get Rid of Bakonawa quest is required to access this instance.
Maps[edit | edit source]
- RO BakonawaLakeMap1.jpg
- RO BakonawaLakeMap2.jpg
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Time Limit: none
Now that you've finished setting all the traps. You now have authorization to enter Bakonawa's Lair. A strong party is recommended. To proceed further, speak with Taho inside the cave to book an instance dungeon.
- Once you enter the instance, do not leave as the NPC will not let you back in.
Once inside the instance, speak to Taho once your party is buffed and ready to go. Tell him you are ready and he will summon Bakonawa.
Phase 1[edit | edit source]
Bakonawa appears inside the lake. In this phase, Meteor Storms shower down, but other than that very few skills are used and it should be easy to defeat him. There is a 10-minute time limit for this Phase.
Phase 2[edit | edit source]
When he is defeated, he will move further into the lake and try to swallow the moon. You must make noise by defeating the 4 Instruments that appear. These are plant type, meaning they take only one damage per hit, and seem to have around 200 HP (forgot to Sense). While you are attacking these, Meteor Storms will continue raining down on your party. There is a 5 minute time limit for this Phase.
Phase 3[edit | edit source]
Enraged Bakonawa appears near the lake again and you must defeat him. As before, Meteor Storms rain down, but he now uses other skills such as Storm Gust, Lord of Vermilion and Weapon Crush. As he grows weaker, waves of minions will be summoned every two minutes, about 15 each wave. These are stronger than the normal monsters around Malaya.
When he dies, a Treasure Box is spawned to the south of the lake that contains the loot. Meteors often continue to rain down until it is broken, so bring a just-in-case Res Token.
- NOTE: Do NOT Butterfly Wing out of the Instance! Instead, talk to the NPC near where you spawned in to receive 7 Ancient Charms.
- Magic reduction and/or Magnetic Earth is key, with a continuous stream of DPS.
- Recommended gears are Asprika, Alice Valk, Unfrozen/Fire Armor, and Kafra Blossom Accessories.
- Bakonawa is unreachable by Melee Auto-Attack, and some skills.
- Blood Sucker or 193 ASPD the Gongs. Wear a Fire armor during this phase.
- P3 adds Shield Reflect, LoV/Storm Gust, and the Crit attack for 20-40k damage from P1
[edit | edit source]
Patches[edit | edit source]
- Patch (2017 Feb. 22)
- Fixed a situation in which a monster that was hiding in the Bakonawa Memorial Dungeon could attack.