Guilds are organizations made up of many adventurers. Every guild is controlled by a single guildleader, who determines how spoils are shared amongst the guildmembers. Adventurers will transfer to many guilds over the course of their journey.
Guild names are denoted in brackets next to a character's name if it's in a guild.
Lore Guilds[edit | edit source]
Most battle jobs have their own guilds which distinguishes the role they play within the world of Ragnarök. Some lore guilds are more detailed than others in regards to their history and role in the game's many storylines.
Player-Made Guilds[edit | edit source]
In order to create a guild in Ragnarok Online, the future guildleader must obtain an item called an Emperium. (When you use an Emperium to create a guild, you will not be able to get one back if you decide to disband the guild.)
If you have obtained an Emperium and have it on the character you want to make the guild on, create a guild by typing:
/guild "guild name"
The character you made the guild on is now the guildleader. Once you have made a guild, the name and who leads it cannot be changed. (Unless there's something that goes against the TOS, in which case Gravity may either change the name and ask you to come up with a new one or disband it.)
Once created, the guildleader can start inviting people into the guild and gain access to guild-exclusive skills. Only player-made guilds can participate in War of Emperium.
- Guild Levels - A guild has a maximum level of 50. In order to level up a guild, the guildleader must tax the EXP earnings of its guildmembers.
- Guild Membership - When newly created, the guildleader can only add a maximum of 16 members. This limit can be increased to 56 members by leveling up the appropriate guild skill.
To invite a player into your guild, you must first have invitation rights from the guildleader (or be a guildleader yourself). Once you gain invitation rights, you can right-click the player and choose Invite <name> into guild. Alternatively, you can also use a text command to invite a player into the guild:
/ginvite "character name"
Guilds in RO are able to form Alliances with each other. Players in allied guilds would be treated as if they are part of the same guild. In contrast, guilds can become official rivals by adding them as Antagonists. Antagonistic guilds can attack each other outside of PVP and WoE. Currently, guildleaders cannot add guilds to their Antagonist list because the feature does not work.
Members of the same guild who are logged on can see where guildmembers are on the world map (Ctrl + ~). Guildmembers are denoted by the pink triangles on the world map.
- RO2 GuildButton.png
The Guild button in RO2.
Overall, guilds in RO2 work similarly to those in RO in that they are leveled up by having guildmembers donate EXP earnings. The most significant difference between a RO guild and a RO2 guild is that RO2 guilds have the ability to transfer guild leadership to other members of a guild if the current guildleader decides to step down. (Unlike RO where guilds have to be disbanded and remade in order to transfer leadership.)
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Guilds in both RO and RO2 have special skills that can only be activated by the guildleader. These skills help to support the guild on and off the battlefield.
Ragnarok Online[edit | edit source]
|Guild Extension||Wounds of Glory|
|Guild's Glory||Great Leadership|
|Absolute Development||Soul of Cold|
|Sharp Hawk Eyes||Strengthen Guardian|
|Emergency Call||Battle Orders|
Ragnarok Online II[edit | edit source]
Disbanding a Guild[edit | edit source]
In RO, guildleaders must kick all guildmembers and then type /breakguild "guild name" in the chatbox.
In RO2, guildleaders must also kick all guildmembers in addition to emptying out the Guild Warehouse. Once done, the guildleader must then talk to a Guild Manager to disband the guild.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A real-life guild is an association of artisans who control the practice of their craft in a particular town.
See Also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Guild 2013 Apr. 9
Patches[edit | edit source]
- Patch (2016 Jun. 15)
- Fixed an issue where Guild UI showed incorrect gender information regarding Taekwon classes.
- Patch (2016 Mar. 30)
- Added an 'ON/OFF' command in the Guild UI to sort online/offline members.
- Patch (2015 Aug. 26)
- The guild window interface has been revamped to include the date the member joined the guild and the last time they logged on. The ability to send private messages or RODEX messages to users on the list via right click context menu was also added. Some obsolete information has been removed from the interface to make room for the new stuff.
- Patch (2014 Oct. 15)
- Guilds can no longer be created inside WoE maps.
- Guild Warehouse Update (2014 Feb. 05)
- You can now give your guildmembers access to guild storage by checking the box just like how you give them power to invite/punish; also added Item Log.
- Patch (2012 Mar. 07)
- Text-based command to invite people to guild.
- Patch (2012 Jan. 18)
- Implemented Guild Tip User Interface.
- Episode 11.1 (2006 Jul. 11)
- The guild name limitation is changed so that the space (" ") character or special character (" ") can not be used before or after the guild name.
- Patch (2005 Jul. 05)
- Joining/withdrawing/expelling from the guild is now prohibited during WoE.
- Patch (2004 Nov. 16)
- Fixed a problem with the duration of some guild skills.
- Changed how the number of members of the guild is displayed in the information window.
- Number of current members / Maximum number of members allowed ON: Number of members logged in
- Patch (2004 Jun. 29)
- Guilds now have the ability to assign kicking rights to guildmembers.
- Patch (2004 Mar. 16)
- Guildmember information has been modified to sort according to the guild's title ranks.
Ragnarok Online II
- iRO2 Patch (2014 Sept. 16)
- There is now a 1-hour cooldown to join another guild after leaving a guild.