Battlegrounds is a place for the best of the best to compete against each other in a more structured setting than War of Emperium. Unlike WoE, groups of adventurers can form teams with each other regardless of guild affiliations.
To enter Battlegrounds, one must merely speak to a Maroll Battle Recruiter in one of these cities:
Basic Rules[edit | edit source]
Each Battlegrounds scenario follows these same basic rules:
1. The matches have various player number requirements; enough players must be assembled before matches can begin.
2. After signing up with the specific NPC, players are moved to a special waiting area until the match begins.
3. Participation in Battlegrounds is rewarded with various emblems or points, with the number gained depending on if you win or lose. These emblems or points can be exchanged for various rewards.
4. There are limits in place to participation in Battlegrounds. Once you sign up for a battleground, there is a 5 minute delay before you can sign up for another match.
5. Battlegrounds follow War of Emperium mechanics rather than PVP mechanics. Skill that cannot be used in War of Emperium cannot be used in the battlegrounds (such as Ice Wall, Teleport, and Warp Portal are prohibited). The Taekwon skills Running and High Jump also cannot be used.
Teams[edit | edit source]
- To play for the Croix team, talk to the Croix Army officers on the South side of the atrium that corresponds to the desired arena.
- To play for the Guillaume team, talk to the Guilliaume Army officers on the North side of the atrium that corresponds to the desired arena.
Each team must have the required amount of players, or the battle will not begin.
Caution: As there are two Flavius and two Tierra Valley arenas, it is important to make sure that the participating teams are in the same instance's opposing chatrooms when attempting to participate, or the battle will not start. In the case of KVM, the participants need to make sure that they are within the same level range, as the recruiter NPC automatically transports a player to an appropriate lobby depending on their Base Level.
Battle Chat[edit | edit source]
Players can talk to their own team during a Battlegrounds match via a special command. Type in the following into your chat box to activate it:
All text typed in battlechat will appear purple and you will only be able to talk to your team when in battle chat. Unfortunately, party, guild, and open chat will not work until battle chat is deactivated.
Battlegrounds Scenarios[edit | edit source]
When a Battlegrounds session starts, players will be notified with a confirmation window that asks if the player would like to participate. If accepted, the player will be shown the queuing window which will allow him/her to select which Battlegrounds scenario they would like to participate in. If cancelled, there will be a 1-minute delay before the player can re-apply.
After finishing a Battlegrounds scenario, players will be returned to where they entered from. If the place isn't a Town, Field, or Regular dungeon, they'll be returned to their save point instead.
Tierra Valley[edit | edit source]
Tierra Valley is a single-round domination scenario. Players must be level 80 or higher in order to sign up with the specific recruiter NPC for Tierra Valley. When a player dies in a Tierra match, there is a delay before that player can re-enter the match.
On iRO, this scenario is known as Tierra Gorge.
- Two forts are arranged at the north and south end of the map.
- Each fort has a storehouse that must be defended, and by destroying the opposing team's store you win the match.
- There is a third base at the center of the map. If your team occupies this point, you will be able to spawn here instead of farther back, along with receiving 3 guardians to fight alongside you.
- There is a series of back routes that are blocked by barricades. By destroying these barricades your team can gain an advantage.
- There is a 25 second wait period for players who are killed in battle until they respawn on the map.
- The cooldown period during which a player cannot participate in another Tierra Gorge battle is shown in a player's Quest Window.
- The winning team receives 3 Bravery Badges, and the losing team 1.
Flavius[edit | edit source]
Flavius is a domination scenario in which the victor must get best 2 out of 3 rounds to win. Players must be level 80 or higher in order to sign up with the specific recruiter NPC for Flavius. When a player dies in a Flavius match, there is a delay before that player can re-enter the match.
- Victory is obtained by destroying the opposing team's crystal.
- The crystal for each team is protected by 2 guardians that must be defeated before the crystal can be attacked.
- When the crystal is destroyed, your team gains one point. Your team wins if you obtain two points.
- Skills cannot be used on crystals.
- The cooldown period during which a player cannot participate in another Flavius battle is shown in a player's Quest Window.
- The winning team receives 12 Valor Badges, and the losing team 4.
- If there is a tie, both teams receive 4 Valor Badges.
Krieger von Midgard[edit | edit source]
Krieger von Midgard (KVM) is a single-round deathmatch scenario. There are 3 level divisions: 80+, 60-80, and below 60. If a player dies in KVM match, they have to wait until the match is over.
- In order to win, one team must reduce the other team's points to 0. In other words, it's a death match battle with survivors being the winners.
- Each team starts with 1 point per player on the team.
- Each team loses 1 point when a player dies.
- Players have 5 minutes to decide the outcome of the match. If one team is not completely victorious after 5 minutes, that with most players standing wins.
- After victory or defeat, players will be warped to a spot to collect their rewards and exit the map. This must be done within 30 seconds or the player will be forcibly ejected from the arena.
- KVM Points are distributed as follows:
- Levels 79 and below: Winning - 2 points, Losing - 0 points.
- Levels 80+: Winning - 5 points, Losing - 1 point.
Battlegrounds Rewards[edit | edit source]
The equipment may have either the prefix Valor or Bravery depending on which medals are used to obtain them. Not all equipment can be obtained by both Valor Badges and Bravery Badges. Different badges cannot be mixed to pay for one item; you must pay the full badge price with one type of badge only. (The NPC will ask which type of badge you wish to exchange.)
KVM Reward Points can only be used to purchase items from the KVM Logistics Officer, and Badges can only be used to purchase items from Erundek. All battlegrounds equipment is character bound (except iRO, which can be placed into storage).
Weapons[edit | edit source]
- Any Type: 100 Badges (Valor or Bravery) / 2,000 KVM Reward Points (KVM Items Only)
Armor[edit | edit source]
- Armor: 80 Badges / 840 KVM Reward Points (KVM Items Only)
- Garment: 50 Badges / 630 KVM Reward Points (KVM Items Only)
- Shoes: 50 Badges / 580 KVM Reward Points (KVM Items Only)
- Accessory: 500 Badges / 1,200 KVM Reward Points (KVM Items Only)
Consumables[edit | edit source]
- Tasty Major Ration: 10 Badges
- Tasty Colonel Ration: 10 Badges
- Military Ration A: 5 Badges
- Military Ration B: 10 Badges
- Military Ration C: 10 Badges
See Also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- iRO Wiki 2013 Mar.
Patches[edit | edit source]
- Patch (2015 Jul. 29)
- Fixed the problem that the HP bar of some characters in the same Battlegrounds is not displayed properly on battlefield.
- Patch (2015 Jun. 24)
- Fixed a problem in Battlegrounds where party members' HP bar were not refreshed.
- Patch (2012 Feb. 08)
- Battlegrounds: Tierra and Flavius now only requires 6 on each team (down from 10).
- Patch (2011 Dec. 28)
- Added the Battlegrounds queue system. You can now apply for Battlegrounds from anywhere and be given a confirmation when the Battlegrounds actually starts.
- Patch (2008 Jul. 02)
- Krieger von Midgard scenario added.
- Patch (2007 Dec. 12)
- Kafra service is added to the Battlegrounds waiting room.
- Battlegrounds Update (2007 Dec. 05)
- Implemented Battlegrounds system with Flavius and Tierra Valley scenarios.