Loading screen featuring the Sealed Shrine.
|Location||Saint Capitolina Abbey|
Sealed Shrine is a dungeon instance that has players take on a sealed version of Baphomet.
Story[edit | edit source]
Although the modern times we live in are a far cry from utopia, the ancient age was a time of constant chaos and peril in which a single day of peace was a distant dream. The Greatest of Evils rose from hell to plague the land, commanding his army to bring havoc to the Norman world. The people were too weak to defend themselves against these evil forces, and it was all they could do to suffer and wail to the heavens. Then, as if Odin suddenly answered their prayers and screams of despair, a lone Monk appeared to gather other heroes to fight the Greatest of Evils and save the world.
This band of warriors journeyed to the temple where the greatest evil resided. Half of these warriors perished on the way as they passed through the cave in which the army serving the Greatest of Evils was camped. Even when facing death, these warriors died bravely, knowing that their sacrifices would not be in vain if their comrades were victorious in the end.
Only the Monk and four of his allies were able to survive the perilous cave and finally arrived at the temple where the greatest evil was waiting. They attacked the evil with all the might and valor they could muster, employing shrewd strategies and magnificent teamwork, but the evil was unfathomably strong and would not fall easily. The warriors couldn't withstand the evil's onslaught indefinitely and, on the brink of defeat, they were forced to use their last resort to defeat him: they burned up their lives to create five Confinement Pentacles to seal away the evil.
"Grrr! You may have succeeded in banishing me for now, but eventually, I shall destroy your world! I, Baphomet, the Greatest of Evils, will return."
Baphomet's last cry echoed throughout the world. This was the first time that Normans had ever heard its name.
The five warriors brought peace to the world at the cost of their lives, but no one believed that it would last forever. Only the power of the Pentacles was keeping Baphomet out of the Norman world, and if the pentacles' power was weakened, then nothing could stop Baphomet from returning.
In anticipation of Baphomet's imminent resurrection, the people built an abbey near the temple to pay tribute to the Monk that had led the five warriors that defeated Baphomet. Today, many holy men and women train there to discipline their minds and bodies and ultimately become Monks.
All things made by man eventually crumble to dust, and the Confinement Pentacles aren't exempt from the rule. As time crawled on, their power slowly grew weaker. The caretakers of the abbey sense the pentacles' waning power and know that it is only a matter of time until Baphomet breaks free. Desperate to stop Baphomet's resurrection, the abbey is recruiting warriors from all over the continent. The time to battle Baphomet has come once again.
Maps[edit | edit source]
- RO SealedShrineMap1.jpg
- RO SealedShrineMap2.jpg
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Monsters DO respawn here and give both Experience and Drops. Experience is also lost upon death on both levels of the dungeon.
- 40 Wraith Dead
- 40 Flame Skull
- 20 Khalitzburg
- 40 Skeleton General
- 30 Evil Druid
- 30 Wind Ghost
- 20 Lude
- 10 Banshee
- 20 Ancient Mimic
- 40 Zombie Master
- Great Demon Baphomet
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Time Limit: 2 hours
- The party will have 5 minutes to enter the dungeon, or else the dungeon will be destroyed. If the dungeon is destroyed, the party may request another one immediately. A party may leave the shrine, but they must return to the shrine in 5 minutes. The party will have 2 hours to finish the dungeon. After the instance expires, the party leader and anyone that participated in the party will be unable to create a new instance for 12 hours. (Party members can go with another party leader who can create the dungeon, however.)
Talk to the Falling Graves. The correct one will give a Pendant of Spirit. Only the Party Leader can obtain and return the pendant to the Falling Grave (141, 221).
Return the Pendant of Spirit to the first Falling Grave. The NPC will instruct you to meet him in the center of the Catacomb.
Now talk to the Soul of Ancient Hero in the middle of the map. He will require one representative of the party (the party leader) to get 10 Essence of Fires. He will also instruct you to gather Token of Apostle. Only the party leader and anyone who left the dungeon during the quest needs to have a Token of Apostle to progress to the next floor. You will have 1 hour to finish his task.
- Essence of Fire are obtained from Torches.
- Token of Apostle are obtained automatically by killing any monster named Apostle of Baphomet. These are tradable among party members, but only the party leader and anyone who left the dungeon during the course of the quest are required to have them in order to progress to the next floor.
- If the party leader disconnects, respawns, or otherwise leaves the dungeon while collecting Essence of Fire, the Soul of Ancient Hero will no longer correctly recognize the party leader, and the quest cannot be continued.
After returning with the items, Soul of Ancient Hero will open the portal to the second floor. The portal can be found at the lower right side of the floor.
Once on the second floor, talk to The Main Altar to summon Great Demon Baphomet. Great Demon Baphomet is invulnerable to your attacks.
The Soul of Ancient Hero will tell you of seals that will weaken Baphomet. He will instruct you to go to 5 seal locations on the map. The locations are: 2 o'clock, 4 o'clock, 8 o'clock, 10 o'clock and the middle (above The Main Altar). The light blue dots show the locations of the seals.
Great Demon Baphomet must be brought INTO the seal and the seal must be activated to weaken Baphomet. Upon activating a seal, your party has a few seconds to damage Baphomet. The Soul of Ancient Hero will tell your party which seal to activate next. The party member who activates a seal will be Stone Cursed for approximately 30 seconds. It is during this time that the other party members must attack and damage Baphomet. The party member who activates a seal cannot activate two seals in a row. Thus, a party must have a rotation for members who will activate seals.
- iRO Note: Due to a current bug, the alters in the corners of the map might not work. This can make killing Baphomet extremely hard as only the main alter in the center of the room makes him vulnerable.
- Warning: If triggered by a player (by standing in an area near the exits to the outer path), mobs of monsters will spawn near them. At 5 minute intervals, the trigger is reset. These can make it difficult to drag Baphomet around and should be killed as soon as possible after they spawn.
- Note: the 5 min timer is independent of the spawn actually being activated. for example, it is possible to active the spawn point at 4 min 59 sec, and then again at 5 min 1 sec, yielding two mobs in the space of 2 seconds.
References[edit | edit source]
- WarpPortal Forums 2013 Mar.