Slotting Items[edit | edit source]
The NPCs Seiyablem and Leablem allow a player to attempts to add 1 to 4 slots to a piece of equipment. Each attempt requires 1 item, some ores and Zeny. If the attempts is failed, item, Zeny and ores are lost. Another NPC, Troy, can also attempts to add slots. He requires a Slotting Advertisement and will not break the piece of equipment on failure.
Items listed without italics can be enchanted by Seiyablem at the following locations.
- Lighthalzen: Inside upgrade shop (lighthalzen 195, 37) -> (lhz_in02 281, 35)
- Morocc: (51, 41)
- Payon: (140, 151)
- Prontera: Inside upgrade shop (prontera 175, 188) -> (prt_in 33, 70)
Items listed in italics can be enchanted by Leablem at the following locations.
- Lighthalzen: (96, 137)
- Morocc Ruins: (154, 86)
- Payon: (236, 199)
- Prontera: Inside upgrade shop (prontera 175, 188) -> (prt_in 22, 61)
Some items have changes as stated below:
- Tiara/Crown will have INT + 2 option reduced to INT + 1 after receiving a new card socket.
- Ice Pick will have attack power reduced from 80 to 70 after receiving a new card socket.
- Skull Ring will grant a 1% resistance to attacks from the undead race after receiving a new card socket.
Success Rates[edit | edit source]
The chance of success is unconfirmed. S Grade items are the most difficult to upgrade. The best estimates of success chances are:
- C-Rank: 25%
- B-Rank: 20%
- A-Rank: 15%
- S-Rank: 10%
These rates are only approximate.
The iRO website suggests that certain NPCs will have a better chance of slotting different level weapons or different types or armor. It is unclear whether this reflects game mechanics, and no large samples are available. The increase is rumored to be on the order of 5%.
Rates can be improved by use of the Slot Advertisement item, which is available on iRO through cash shop events which are offered periodically. To use this item, the user must talk to Troy (232,172), in Payon, north of the hammer. The rate of success is increased by an unknown but significant amount, and more importantly, if the attempt fails, the item will not be destroyed. Use of this NPC requires the normal Zeny fee, as well as consuming the Slot Advertisement. The Slot Advertisement and associated NPC is currently only available on iRO.
Forged Weapons[edit | edit source]
Forged weapons can be used for socket enchanting. However, they will lose their elemental and strength properties in the processes the NPC replaces the first weapon with socketed version. For example, a "ForgerName's Very Strong Ice Claymore" will become a "Claymore " if the socket enchanting is successful.
Armor[edit | edit source]
This is a listing of armor that can be slotted.
Weapons[edit | edit source]
This is a listing of weapons that can be slotted.
Other Socket Enchantments[edit | edit source]
Aside from the default socket enchantments, other gears and weapons can be slotted through other means.
Ragnarok World Championship Accessory Enchants[edit | edit source]
The RWC 2012 Ring and RWC 2012 Pendant are accessories that can be slotted by the RWC Enchanter NPC within Paradise Group, but doing so will erase all of your existing enchants. This is done free of charge and does not require a ticket.
See Also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
Patches[edit | edit source]
- Patch (2018 Apr. 18)
- Implemented an NPC that will allow players to move their cards to another slot on the slotted gear. Cost is 100k zeny per transfer.
- Patch (2016 Sept. 13)
- Separate card from the card NPC is separating some MVP card will be adjusted as follows.
- Patch (2016 Aug. 31)
- The card separation system is reorganized.
- Patch (2013 Sept. 11)
- New boss cards (18 kinds) are applied to the card separation system.
- Patch (2013 Apr. 24)
- Six additional Jitterbug memorial weapons are added to the card separation system.
- Patch (2013 Apr. 03)
- Krishna is also added to the card separation service.
- Patch (2013 Mar. 20)
- Added a card-to-card separation target.
- Patch (2013 Jan. 09)
- The folly card and ten kinds of MVP cards are added to the card separation target.
- Patch (2011 Apr. 20)
- The card separation system is added.
- Episode 11.1 (2006 Jul. 11)
- Socket Enchant NPC is updated. Take some equipment items and their corresponding materials and zeny to add card slots. (Depending on the equipment item, some sockets may have an option to change, or two sockets may be added, as well as refined.)