Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Tip of the Day
Tip of the Day is a feature that gives players tips and tricks to playing the game. In MMORPGs, this information is usually showcased on loading screens to give players something to read while they wait for the game to load assets. Ragnarok Online has a special window for this, but Ragnarok Online II lacks such a feature.
Functions[edit | edit source]
In RO, the Tip of the Day window pops up right after logging in to a character by default. The window shows various tips and tricks to play RO and could be set to not show up after login.
NOTE: On iRO, this window is bugged and therefore has fallen into disuse.
Tip Box[edit | edit source]
In 2017, the Tip of the Day feature was revamped into the Tip Box, which is an in-game manual that players can use to find out basic information about the game's features. Players simply type keywords into the Tip Box to bring up gameplay search results.
The Tip Box window can be accessed by typing into the chatbox:
An in-game button was also implemented for quick access to the window.
Patches[edit | edit source]
- Patch (2019 Jan. 23)
- The tip box shortcut page is added to the tip box guide page of the tip box.
- Compare items information will be added.
- You can open and close the tip box with ALT + D.
- Patch (2018 Jul. 04)
- Fixed the problem of the mouse wheel not working properly in the tip box.
- Patch (2018 May 16)
- Implemented an additional search function to the TIPBOX.
- Patch (2018 Jan. 24)
- The tip item 'Emoticons, Scissors, Rock, Paper' shortcuts will be deleted.
- Patch (2017 Jul. 12)
- TIPBOX system is added. Command /TIP, Tip box button located on the UI menu.